Monday, 18 November 2019
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 10 dried dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops (56g) Balance 100% Whey Chocolate flavour
- 100g cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 scoop (28g) Balance 100% Whey Chocolate flavour
Cacao nibs, chopped nuts or coconut to sprinkle on top (optional).
1. Line a 20 x 20cm square cake or slice tin with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients for the base layer into a food processor and mix well to combine.
3. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the lined tray and place in the freezer while making the top layer.
4. To make the topping, melt cacao butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Whisk through all remaining ingredients. Pour the topping over the brownie base, sprinkle with coconut, cacao nibs or chopped nuts if you like, and allow to set before cutting into pieces.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 24 slices
Average Quantity per Serving
Average Quantity per 100g