Prep Time: Approximately 4 hours (includes time needed to soak cashews)
Makes: 12 serves
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pureed dates
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in boiling water for a few hours)
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the Chocolate layer
- 1 scoop (30g) Balance Plant Protein, chocolate flavour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
For the Vanilla layer
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste
- Zest of half a lemon
- Blueberries and extra lemon zest to garnish.
STEPS:1. Mix the base ingredients in a bowl. Press into lightly oiled silicone molds or muffin trays and place in the freezer to set.
2. To prepare the Coco-nutty layer, use a food processor to blitz the soaked cashews into a fine paste. Add the coconut cream and oil, then divide the mixture into two separate bowls (one for each layer).
3. For the chocolate layer mixture, add the Balance Plant Protein and cocoa powder, and mix well to combine. To the second bowl add the vanilla and lemon zest and mix to combine.
4. Remove the base from the freezer and pour over the chocolate layer. Return to the freezer to set before pouring over the vanilla layer. Top with frozen blueberries and sprinkle with extra lemon zest and pop back in freezer until set.