Nutritious protein balls with a touch of Hot- Cross- Bunny- ness. If you want less sugar replace the dried fruit with nuts or low- sugar choc bits.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut, desiccated
- 2 serves Balance 100% Whey WPC/WPI Vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp LSA (ground linseed, sunflower and almond)
- ½ tsp of each: cinnamon & mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp mixed dried fruit i.e. currants, sultanas etc
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- For the crosses
- ½ serve of Balance 100% Whey WPC/WPI vanilla flavoured protein powder mixed with a little liquid coconut oil. Or you can use melted white chocolate.
Place all ingredients in a food processor and whizz until well combined. The mixture should easily stick together without being too wet.
Shape into 14 balls and refrigerate for an hour.
To make the crosses: In a small bowl place the protein powder and gradually add coconut oil, mixing to combine. Consistency should be pour- able but not too runny! Alternatively melt some white chocolate in a bowl over pot of boiling water and use this to create the crosses.
Remove balls from the fridge and with a teaspoon carefully pour crosses over each ball.
Return balls to refrigerator so that the crosses can set.
Store balls in an air tight container in the fridge.
|Servings per package: 14|
|Serving size: 1 ball|
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||685kJ (164Cal)||2250kJ (538Cal)|